FLORES ADVENTURE CANYONING WEEK
With this epic journey, we would like to offer our clients and adventure seekers memories for a life time. Imagine experiencing an adrenaline rush in one of the most amazing places in the world! Flores is considered one of the best spots for canyoning worldwide. Due to its location and shape it´s a paradise of waterfalls and astonishing landscapes. This program is for all levels of experience including beginners or first timers. It intends to be a balanced program with easy and medium tours and with the possibility of more difficult routes. It is also very flexible, meaning that we have options in case you prefer other activities. The only request is to be a nature and adventure lover. Please click the link below for our introductory video.
DAY 1 – DEPARTURE TO FLORES ISLAND + VAN TOUR.
After picking up our clients at their accommodation, we will gather together at our office in Ponta Delgada, 2 to 3 hours before the flight to Flores. It is important to make a final check of everything that we will need before we leave. Next, we will provide the transfer to the airport.
After arriving in “Santa Cruz” of Flores Island, a local guide will be waiting for us to give us a tour around the island for first impressions.
We will visit “Sete Lagoas“, “Poço da Ribeira do Ferreiro“, “Rocha dos Bordões“, “Lages” and “Fajã Grande“. But let´s keep in mind that we also need to prepare our next day of adventure.
DAY 2 – CANYONING (HALF DAY TOUR) + HIKING TOUR.
After breakfast the van will be waiting for us to take us to our first canyoning spot: “Além Inferior“. It is a very diverse, fun and easy canyon, perfect for your “canyoning baptism”!
We all will learn as much as possible during this tour; for both our clients and guides it will be the perfect moment to get to know each other and our surroundings.
After the picnic lunch let´s enjoy the “Fanais” Hike. Our local guide will take us on this 5.5 km hike over 3 hours, through some amazing spots and views, introducing the local customs, history and endemic flora of the island.
DAY 3 – CANYONING (FULL DAY TOUR).
On the third day we will have a Full Day Canyoning Tour. The possibilities are: “Ilhéus“, “José Fraga” or “Esguilhão”. The guides will discuss the best option, depending on local conditions and also considering the groups’ abilities.
The canyons are of medium level difficulty and rappelling from a 35 metre height can be expected. You will be in awe with the wilderness and beauty that Flores can offer us while canyoning!
DAY 4 – OPTIONAL DAY: CANYONING (FULL DAY) OR VISIT TO CORVO ISLAND.
We have a choice to make on day four, where we may split into two groups. The options are:
- A more adventurous Canyoning Tour, OR
- A visit to Corvo island.
The Full Day Canyoning Tour will be at “Casas” or “Cabo“, with rappels that can be more than 100 meters high.
If your choice is to visit “Corvo”, the smallest island of the Azores, be ready for a nice boat trip in a zodiac boat, that includes a “walk” around some coastal caves of Flores. You will stay for approximately 5 hours in “Corvo”, which includes a visit to the emblematic “Caldeirão“.
DAY 5 – FULL DAY CANYONING TOUR + DINNER.
(Alternatives: Full Day Hike Tour / Gastronomic and Cultural Tour)
What about the possibility of finishing your Full Day Canyoning Tour directly in the sea, where you will have a zodiac boat waiting for you? This is our plan for the last day. The Canyons could be “Alquevins” or “Barrosas”. From both, you can expect breathtaking views and amazing rappels up to 50 metres in height, ending with a splash in the Atlantic Ocean.
Some of our clients might like to have an alternative to the Canyoning Tour. So, we can arrange two possibilities:
- Self-guided Hike – Flores has many choices and we can decide together the one that suits you best; OR
- Gastronomic and Cultural Tour. For more information about this tour CLICK HERE.
In the evening, we will finish with a farewell dinner prepared by the guides or at a local restaurant, where we can share the still fresh memories of this weeks’ adventures.
DAY 6 – RETURN TO SÃO MIGUEL ISLAND.
It is time to return to São Miguel. We will drop you off at your hotel or lodgings and say goodbye, hoping to meet you again someday for some more adventures!
- Transfers to all the activities and places of accommodation, including to and from the airports of São Miguel and Flores islands;
- Accommodation for 5 nights in local guest-houses / small hotels (breakfast included);
- All the material / equipment for the activities;
- All costs associated to the alternatives and options provided (except for the Gastronomic and Cultural Tour);
- All the logistics;
- 2 to 3 certified guides;
- Photos and a promotional personalized video;
- Picnic-Lunch and snacks for the Full Day Tours (days 2, 3, 4 and 5), and Dinner (day 5);
- All the entrances;
- Obligatory Insurances.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- International flights to São Miguel island;
- Accommodation in São Miguel island;
- Lunch for the first and last days;
- Gastronomic & Cultural Option;
- Dinner (except on day 5).
- Light and comfortable clothes (in addition to a raincoat, swimwear and a hat, we recommend opaque clothes that protect against the wind, such as lycra shirts or pants).
- Outdoor shoes (suitable for hiking);
- Sunscreen and sunglasses;
- Individual water bottle;
- Small backpack (preferably waterproof);
- Beach / Bath Towels;
- Personal medication (if applicable).
- Minimum number of participants needed to start the tour: 4 people;
- Maximum number of participants possible: 10 people (contact us for special conditions);
- Minimum age: 16 years old. Clients between 16-18 years old must be under the responsibility of an adult;
- It is not necessary to have previous experience in any of the activities included in the program. But the client should enjoy the outdoors, be in a reasonable physical condition, and able to swim;
- To confirm your reservation we need a 20% deposit in advance. This value is non-refundable in case the client decides to cancel. The remaining cost should be paid one month before the arrival;
- If the client needs or simply wishes to, it is possible to skip one day of the program. It is also possible to consider the flight to Flores Island from a different airport of the Archipelago of the Azores. For this, you must contact us previously to discuss new prices;
- Fun Activities Azores Adventure reserves the right to make cancellations / reschedules based on:
1. Unexpected weather conditions or other reasons considered relevant for the safety of their customers and staff. Customers will be able to reschedule their excursion or choose an alternative excursion.
2. If the number of participants does not reach the minimum required to start the excursion. Customers will be able to reschedule their excursion or receive a full refund.
3. If the participants are not eligible for the activity, regarding the minimum requirements or inappropriate conduct/behavior. In this case, there will be no Refund.