In the light of the recent outbreak of the new coronavirus – Covid-19 – Fun Activities decided to implement protective and informative policies in order to protect their staff and clients, in accordance with the World Health Organization and the Portuguese and Azorean authorities. Please, read carefully the information below.
GENERAL PROCEDURES AND PROTECTION
For everyone’s protection, it is recommended to consult and follow the guidelines, statements and preventative measures issued by the General Health Directorate, in accordance with the World Health Organization. CLICK HERE.
In the Archipelago of the Azores, travellers who show symptoms suggestive of respiratory disease, during (or after) the trip, should contact the Azorean Health Service via the following telephone number: (+351) 808 24 60 24.
For COVID-19 | Information on measures and restrictions in Portugal please CLICK HERE.
SPECIFIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AT FUN ACTIVITIES
Fun Activities Azores Adventure, in accordance with the “Clean and Safe” protocol from Tourism of Portugal and in accordance with the Portuguese and Azorean authorities, has implemented the following general measures:
Training and preparation for our employees
All employees received specific information and / or training on:
- The internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the basic procedures about hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and social conduct.
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever, check for cough or difficulty breathing.
- How to comply with the guidelines of the General Health Directorate for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
What Fun Activities provides and ensures for all its activities and services
- Personal protective equipment in sufficient quantity for the workers involved in the activities.
- Personal protective equipment available for our customers. The customer must pay the individual protection kit or alternatively bring their own kit (with, at least, 3 protective masks). The use of a protective mask is obligatory, unless when counterproductive. For each tour/activity there will be 3 available masks per client.
- Provision of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, whenever justified, to participants in activities.
- Cleaning or disinfection of the equipment used, after each activity, according to the rules applicable to each type of equipment.
- Cleaning or disinfection of vehicles used after each activity.
- The maintenance, as much as possible, of the social safety distance between the participants during the activities, according to the recommendations of the General Directorate of Health. The recommended distance is 2 meters.
- Establishing a maximum capacity for each vehicle of 2/3 of its normal capacity. This means that a 9 seat mini van can only take 6 persons, including drivers and/or guides. If customers are from the same household, a 9 seat mini van can accommodate a maximum of 6 clients.
- All information, guidelines, waivers and payments will be provided by digital/online support.
- Proper garbage bags with secure closing will be provided for each tour/activity and will be used for waste management in all confined spaces.
- All confined spaces will be avoided when possible.
- For the pick-up / drop-off, clients should wait outside the Hotel or accommodation. The driver or guide will avoid entering.
- Before the activity, the tour guide will explain the general procedures and guidances already described here. Some specific procedures related to each activity will also be transmitted.
- For access to the full document “COVID-19 Protocol” and registries the client should request it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The document will be provided.