The Azores, and specifically Sao Miguel Island, is known to be one of the best places to surf in Europe, with long sandy beaches on both the North and the South Coast making surfing conditions perfect for both newbies as well as the more experienced Surfer.
We offer the opportunity for beginners to take a SURF LESSON with our professional instructors, as well as GUIDED SURFING for more experienced surfers who want to test the waters, feel the rush and catch some waves in unique surroundings.
Want to have some Fun on both land and sea? Then take a LAND & OCEAN tour, where we mix it up according to the sea conditions, so when the ocean is flat, we will take this time to explore the island and indulge in the local cuisine and then when the waves come rolling in, it’s time to surf!
If you’re looking for hidden spots for great surfing without the hassle of a long and difficult hike carrying your board, then a SURF BOAT TRIP will take you straight to where the fun begins.
- Learn how to surf at some of the most beautiful locations on the island.
- Get out of your comfort zone and venture out onto the water to try your new moves under the supervision of our experienced and friendly guide.
- Take a class with your family or gather your friends for a fun group activity.
- Possibility of Transfer Service from/to your place of accommodation, if option is selected.
NOTE: Suitable for most ages and no previous experience is necessary but you should feel comfortable in the water and know how to swim.
Starting from €30
+€10 with pick up
Price Per Person
6 Pax maximum
This class is aimed for complete beginners who want to try something new, as well as inexperienced surfers who would like to get more practice with their new hobby and learn new techniques with their instructor. Each session has a duration of 2 hours and the time and location of the lesson will be decided depending on the sea conditions. It is not necessary to have any type of experience; in this activity you learn how to take your first steps, however, it is essential to know how to swim.
We will start off with a brief introduction and explain what will happen during the class. Then a warm up on the beach, which will include some exercises with body movements that we will also be using while surfing. Once we have warmed up, we will move on to the technical explanation of the take-off and practice this movement on the sand. Finally, we are ready for the most fun part…to go into the water and catch your first wave!
Surf lessons usually take place at the Milícias beach on the South Coast or Santa Bárbara beach in the North Coast. However, there are also other possibilities depending on group abilities and sea conditions (swell, wind, tide, etc.) on the day of the activity. Clients are informed the day before where the activity will take place, as well as, all the details.
- A transfer service is available at an extra cost of €10 per person.
- The Pick Up will be at, or close to, your place of accommodation. When the activity is over, we will drop you off at the same place again.
- Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Lagoa, Ribeira Grande and Vila Franca do Campo (for other locations please contact us for availability).
- If you don’t require a Pick-up, consider the Meeting Point for the:
- South Coast to be at the parking area of Praia das Milicias (on the left-hand side looking at the ocean) where there is the landmark Forte de Sao Caetano https://goo.gl/maps/2bsNvTVuxhqntoZq6 , or
- North Coast to be at the parking area of Praia do Areal de Santa Bárbara (on the right-hand side looking at the ocean) https://goo.gl/maps/pVcwSkG4ZQcM8UjN6
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time or place.
- Water and snack;
- Bathing towel;
- Bathing suit (ready worn);
- Change of dry clothes;
- All Surfing Equipment (Board, wetsuit, leash);
- Accredited instructor;
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen);
- When opting for 5 and/or 10 lessons a photo/video lesson is included: – we will film you during your practice session and review the footage together to show you where and how you can improve.
- Please let us know of any previous injuries, medical conditions or health problems when booking.
- Children are under the responsibility of an adult.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book a lesson for a group with more than 6 people,
- Are a more experienced surfer and would like Guided Surfing. We offer upon request Half Day and Full Day OCEAN AND LAND experiences, as well as, SURF BOAT TRIPS. Please contact us for more details.
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans, we can try to make it possible.