Sete Cidades and Ferraria
Know the best spots of the island actively.
Learn about the local Flora, Fauna and Geology.
Possibility to swim and do some snorkelling or to have a bath at the local hot springs.
The Azores are know for their excellent hiking trails and the beautiful views of the mountains and the ocean surrounding the islands. Your hike may include paths between ridges and crevices, forests, waterfalls, springs, lakes and fumaroles.
We will also provide you with all the information about the flora, fauna and geology of the place.
At your request we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
with pick up
Price Per Person
Families (3 Elements or More)
-10% Please Use The Promo CODE "FAM10" When Booking
Childrens 6-12 Years Old
We offer several possibilities for different walking tours. We combine the walking tours with the possibility to swim or do some snorkelling at the sea or to enjoy some baths at local hot springs. At your request we can also enrich and make the walking tour more fun with treasure hunting games or geocaching.
You can chose and book online 4 regular tours described below:
SETE CIDADES AND FERRARIA
With Sete Cidades hiking trail you will experience another beauty from São Miguel island resulting from many different volcano eruptions in the last centuries and millenniums. The caldera and small craters resulting from these eruptions with the human effort to change the landscape in order to bring security, shelter and food is the essence of the trail.
|6 hours||Medium||12 km||Circular|
Description: When approaching our trail we will stop in one of the most spectaculars views of the huge Caldeira of Sete-Cidades: the viewpoint of Grota do Inferno. Then in the viewpoint of Vista do Rei we start our hike through the south rim experiencing beautiful views from the lakes and also from the Ocean. After 5 km walking at the rim we will start to descend to the main crater. At Sete-Cidades village you will enjoy your picnic and the quietness of the small village. For some moments we will walk side by side with the Green Lake and then start our ascending towards Vista do Rei where you will experience again amazing views from the lakes.
After: we will move in direction of Ferraria where it is possible to enjoy some hot baths at the ocean (depending from the conditions and tide) and also some snorkelling.
Note: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
OTHER HIKING TOURS
For more informations regarding the tours below please email of phone us.
PICO DA VARA
RIBEIRA FUNDA – MAIA
Please consider the pick up time as 10 minutes prior and after the departure time of your excursion.
- Swimwear and towel;
- Suitable and confortable clothing and footwear (please note it is important to protect from the wind, the sun and rain. In the mountains it can also be cold;
- Sunblock and hat;
- Your personal water bottle;
- Backpack to carry your personal thinks and lunch.
- Light lunch or picknick;
- Trekking poles;
- Snack or drinks.
- Pick up/drop off
- IF YOU ARE NOT FINDING THE RIGHT BOOKING OPTION OR DAY THAT CAN FIT IN YOUR PLANS PLEASE EMAIL US SO WE CAN TRY TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE;
- Please note it is important to bring the right equipment, clothes and footwear. Azorean weather can change drastically during the same day. Hiking in the mountains can be totally different from hiking at the sea level. It is important to be prepared for high levels of humidity that can be combined with heat and also for wind and rain that can be combined with low temperatures in the mountains;
- Due to weather conditions it is possible that we need to cancel/change the itinerary/trail.
If you want you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottle or Tea / Coffee Cup for 5€. You are supporting our local environment and you can use it during your activities and take it back home as a souvenir from Azores and from Fun Activities.