Sete Cidades and Ferraria
Know the best spots of the island actively.
Learn about the local Flora, Fauna and Geology.
Possibility to swim and do some snorkelling or to have a bath at the local hot springs.
The Azores are know for their excellent hiking trails and the beautiful views of the mountains and the ocean surrounding the islands. Your hike may include paths between ridges and crevices, forests, waterfalls, springs, lakes and fumaroles.
We will also provide you with all the information about the flora, fauna and geology of the place.
At your request we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS (9 ELEMENTS OR MORE)
- Please email us
Childrens 6-12 Years Old
SETE CIDADES AND FERRARIA / MOSTEIROS
With Sete Cidades hiking trails you will experience another beauty from São Miguel island, resulting from many different volcano eruptions in the last centuries and millennia. The essence of the trail is to experience the caldera and small craters resulting from these eruptions, along with human influence which has changed the landscape in order to bring security, shelter and food.
|6 hours||Medium||12 km||Circular|
Description: When approaching our trail, we will stop at one of the most spectacular view points of the huge Caldeira of Sete Cidades: the viewpoint of Grota do Inferno. Then at the viewpoint of Vista do Rei we start our hike through the south rim experiencing beautiful views from the lakes and also from the Ocean. After 5 km walking along the rim we will start to descend to the main crater. At Sete Cidades village you will enjoy your picnic and the quietness of the small village. For some moments we will walk side by side with the Green Lake and then start our ascent towards Vista do Rei where you will experience again amazing views from the lakes.
Please note we may take other options like Serra Devassa Hiking trail or we may do a shorter version of the hike depending on local weather conditions.
After: we will travel in the direction of Ferraria or Mosteiros where it is possible to enjoy some hot baths the ocean in Ferraria (depending on the conditions and tide) or some snorkelling in some natural pools in Mosteiros.
Note: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
Please consider the pick up time as 10 minutes prior and after the departure time of your excursion.
- Swimwear and towel;
- Suitable and confortable clothing and footwear (please note it is important to protect from the wind, the sun and rain. In the mountains it can also be cold;
- Sunblock and hat;
- Your personal water bottle;
- Backpack to carry your personal thinks and lunch.
- Light lunch or picknick;
- Trekking poles;
- Snack or drinks.
- Pick up/drop off
- IF YOU ARE NOT FINDING THE RIGHT BOOKING OPTION OR DAY THAT CAN FIT IN YOUR PLANS PLEASE EMAIL US SO WE CAN TRY TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE;
- Please note it is important to bring the right equipment, clothes and footwear. Azorean weather can change drastically during the same day. Hiking in the mountains can be totally different from hiking at the sea level. It is important to be prepared for high levels of humidity that can be combined with heat and also for wind and rain that can be combined with low temperatures in the mountains;
- Due to weather conditions it is possible that we need to cancel/change the itinerary/trail.
If you want you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottle or Tea / Coffee Cup for 5€. You are supporting our local environment and you can use it during your activities and take it back home as a souvenir from Azores and from Fun Activities.