Salto do Prego
Know the best spots of the island actively.
Learn about the local Flora, Fauna and Geology.
Possibility to swim and do some snorkelling or to have a bath at the local hot springs.
The Azores are know for their excellent hiking trails and the beautiful views of the mountains and the ocean surrounding the islands. Your hike may include paths between ridges and crevices, forests, waterfalls, springs, lakes and fumaroles.
We will also provide you with all the information about the flora, fauna and geology of the place.
At your request we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
with pick up
Price Per Person
Families (3 Elements or More)
-10% Please Use The Promo CODE "FAM10" When Booking
Childrens 6-12 Years Old
SALTO DO PREGO
This tour is taking you at the far east side of São Miguel island to a small village called Faial da Terra. It is a mixture of Nature and the Human Heritage from different generations and families trying to domesticate the dramatic landscape.
|4 hours||Medium||4 km||Circular|
Description: The tour starts at Faial da Terra where we will walk side by side with a beautiful stream, passing in several orchards, wooden bridges and old paths used in ancient times. Walking inside the forest we will start to descend until the magic and unexpected waterfall of Salto do Prego. If you want you can refresh yourself with a dip in the crystalline waters. When returning we will pass through the old and once abandoned village of Sanguinho now starting to recover new Life. You can expect to be totally immersed in the past.
After: We will stop at the viewpoint of Pico dos Bodes with an astonish view of the ocean and the mountains. During warm seasons we will invite you to enjoy the Atlantic Ocean in Povoação or Ribeira Quente where you can refresh yourself if you feel so. During other seasons you can enjoy some baths at the thermal springs in Furnas or a walk around.
Note: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
Please consider the pick up time as 10 minutes prior and after the departure time of your excursion.
- Swimwear and towel;
- Suitable and confortable clothing and footwear (please note it is important to protect from the wind, the sun and rain. In the mountains it can also be cold;
- Sunblock and hat;
- Your personal water bottle;
- Backpack to carry your personal thinks and lunch.
- Light lunch or picknick;
- Trekking poles;
- Snack or drinks.
- Pick up/drop off
- IF YOU ARE NOT FINDING THE RIGHT BOOKING OPTION OR DAY THAT CAN FIT IN YOUR PLANS PLEASE EMAIL US SO WE CAN TRY TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE;
- Please note it is important to bring the right equipment, clothes and footwear. Azorean weather can change drastically during the same day. Hiking in the mountains can be totally different from hiking at the sea level. It is important to be prepared for high levels of humidity that can be combined with heat and also for wind and rain that can be combined with low temperatures in the mountains;
- Due to weather conditions it is possible that we need to cancel/change the itinerary/trail.
If you want you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottle or Tea / Coffee Cup for 5€. You are supporting our local environment and you can use it during your activities and take it back home as a souvenir from Azores and from Fun Activities.