Salto do Prego – Sanguinho
With this excursion, discover the magnificent waterfall of Salto do Prego, the welcoming parish of Faial da Terra, and the remote ancestral village of Sanguinho. To do this, you must be properly dressed, since the climate of the Azores tends to change dramatically throughout the day (besides that walking in the mountains is totally different from walking at sea level – and we will do both!). So, get ready for eventual pikes of humidity, heat, wind, downpours and, especially, lots of fun and adventure!
- Discover impressive places, wonderful panoramas and a little of the local fauna, flora and geology;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, families and friends;
- Possibility of Pick-up (and Drop-off) at your accommodation place;
- Reasonable physical condition required.
NOTE: At your request, we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
CHILDREN (6-12 years old)
+ / - 4 hours
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
6 yo Minimum
Salto do Prego – Sanguinho:
|4 hours||Medium||4 km||Circular|
In this tour, which begins in the parish of Faial da Terra, we will walk side by side with a beautiful river that will guide us through sensational orchards, wooden bridges, forests, and typical houses/roads, until we reach the magical waterfall of Salto do Prego – whose crystal waters you will have the opportunity to try. On the way back, we will cross the old abandoned village of Sanguinho, which has been gradually recovering its charm and liveliness. Then, we will make a brief stop at the formidable viewpoint of Pico dos Bodes, after which we invite you to: enjoy a refreshing dive in Povoação / Ribeira Quente, OR take a cozy bath in the thermal springs of Furnas, OR enjoy the rest of the time to wander.
Note: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08:30 and 09:00 AM at your accommodation. Consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other areas, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will leave you in the same place we picked you up.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (in addition to being light, they should be able to protect you from the wind and rain);
- Personal water bottle;
- Backpack (to transport your belongings and the lunch we provide);
- Bathing suit (if possible already dressed);
- Bath towel;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off;
- Trekking poles.
You should contact us:
- If you plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- If you are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- If you can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way, you’re helping to preserve the environement, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!