Canyoning Salto Do Cabrito
Suitable for almost all ages, families and friends and no need of swimming abilities;
The best way to have fun in the Azorean Nature guided by accredited and well trained guides.
Canyoning is an activity of adventure! Bringing fung and wellbeing to the outdoors, combine this with the beautiful landscapes for a memory of a lifetime. It consist in going down the stream using different techniques like slides, rappels and small jumps. This is the perfect way to experience the many beautiful untouched areas of the island.
75€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS (9 Elements or More)
- Please email us
Childrens 6-12 Years Old
+/- 4 hours
Min 2/Max 8
10 years old
Feel yourself inside a real canyon !
Salto do Cabrito is in the central part of the island quite close to Ribeira Grande and Caldeira Velha. It takes around 20 minutes drive from Ponta Delgada.
The tour takes +/- 4.5 hours. Normal physical condition required but you should be able to hike up for 30 minuts in order to approach the stream The highest vertical is around 16m and unlike other canyons we are mostly not jumping. At the end you will have the opportunity to do a jump of 4 meters or finish with a zip line
There will be some time for the equipment distribution with the help of our guides. Next we need to hike in order to approach the stream followed by a security briefing (in average it can take 30 minutes hike, depending from the place and the group). We will finish the tour approaching again our cars.
- We may offer a pick up service depending on week days and options. Please consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande. For other areas please contact us to see our availability
- Please consider the meeting point at the parking place of Santa Barbara beach next to Tuká Tulá Bar around 9:00am. We will email you in case we need to settle a different time.
- In case you booked the tour with “pick up” option please consider the pick up time to 8:30am. We will email you in case we need to settle a different time. In some cases we may ask you to meet in a specific location
- Swimwear, if possible already dressed;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Confortable clothes;
- Your personal water bottle.
- Acreddited guides;
- All the material (fully equipped harness, wetsuits and socks, helmet, canyoning boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Snack or drinks
- IF YOU ARE NOT FINDING THE RIGHT BOOKING OPTION OR DAY THAT CAN FIT IN YOUR PLANS PLEASE EMAIL US SO WE CAN TRY TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE;
- For groups larger than 8 persons please contact us;
- For more technical canyonings please contact us and we will provide you some different options.
If you want you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottle or Tea / Coffee Cup for 5€. You are supporting our local environment and you can use it during your activities and take it back home as a souvenir from Azores and from Fun Activities.