Canyoning Ribeira Da Salga
Suitable for almost all ages, families and friends and no need of swimming abilities;
The best way to have fun in the Azorean Nature guided by accredited and well trained guides.
Canyoning is an activity of adventure! Bringing fung and wellbeing to the outdoors, combine this with the beautiful landscapes for a memory of a lifetime. It consist in going down the stream using different techniques like slides, rappels and small jumps. This is the perfect way to experience the many beautiful untouched areas of the island.
with pick up
Price Per Person
Families (3 Elements or more)
-10% Please Use the PROMO CODE "FAM10" When Booking
Childrens 6-12 Years Old
+/- 8 hours
Min 2/ Max 8
10 years old
Our Full Day excursions to Ribeira da Salga are suitable for beginners or for the “first times” and are still challenging the more adventurous. From this place we can expect a wild and almost untouched beautiful nature with difficult accesses, amazing jumps with alternatives and a lot of physical workout during approach and when leaving the stream.
Ribeira da Salga is in the north-east part of the island, between Lomba de S.Pedro and Salga. It takes around 40 minutes drive from Ponta Delgada.
The tour takes +/- 8 hours. The highest vertical is around 16m and the highest jump around 8m. If you are uncomfortable about jumping then we will provide you with other options.
There will be some time for the equipment distribution with the help of our guides. Next we need to hike in order to approach the stream followed by a security briefing. In average the approach to the stream takes around 30 minutes partially in a very steep path. After you can expect lots of fun with rappels, jumps , rock-slides and an Amazing Nature! At some point we will stop for some snacks. We will leave the stream in a very demanding and steep path taking around 45 minutes to return to our cars. We will finish with a picnic lunch.
Please note that you should be in a very good shape and good health otherwise the tour can be uncomfortable
- The Pick up time will be between 8:15 and 8:30 We will email you in case we need to settle a different time. In some cases we may ask you to meet in a specific location
- If you do not need us to pick you up please consider the meeting point at the location of Lomba de S.Pedro around 9:15am. You will find a small school and a bus stop. We will email you in case we need to settle a different time.
- Swimwear, if possible already dressed;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Confortable clothes;
- Your personal water bottle.
- Accredited guides;
- All the material (fully equipped harness, wetsuits and socks, helmet, canyoning boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Snack or drinks (Full Day and Half Day);
- Pic-nic Lunch (Full Day Tour).
- Pick up and Drop off
- IF YOU ARE NOT FINDING THE RIGHT BOOKING OPTION OR DAY THAT CAN FIT IN YOUR PLANS PLEASE EMAIL US SO WE CAN TRY TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE;
- For groups larger than 8 persons please contact us;
- For more technical canyonings please contact us and we will provide you some different options.
If you want you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottle or Tea / Coffee Cup for 5€. You are supporting our local environment and you can use it during your activities and take it back home as a souvenir from Azores and from Fun Activities.