Canyoning Ribeira Da Salga
Suitable for almost all ages, families and friends and no need of swimming abilities;
The best way to have fun in the Azorean Nature guided by accredited and well trained guides.
Canyoning is an activity of adventure! Bringing fung and wellbeing to the outdoors, combine this with the beautiful landscapes for a memory of a lifetime. It consist in going down the stream using different techniques like slides, rappels and small jumps. This is the perfect way to experience the many beautiful untouched areas of the island.
90€ with pick up
Price Per Person
115€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUP (9 Elements or More)
- Please email us
Childrens 6-12 Years Old
+/- 5 hours
Min 2/Max 8
10 years old
+/- 6.5 hours
Min 2/ Max 8
10 years old
Suitable for experienced travellers as much as adventurous first-timers (who MUST BE in good health and physical shape), this tour promises a once in a lifetime experience that will blow your mind. It takes place in Ribeira da Salga, one of the most astonishing places in the northeast part of the island of Sao Miguel, located between the Lomba de S.Pedro and Salga parishes. From this place we can expect a wild and almost untouched beautiful nature with difficult accesses, amazing jumps with alternatives and a lot of physical workout during approach and when leaving the stream.
There will be some time for equipment distribution and a quick security briefing, followed by an half-hour hike towards the place where you’ll be able to jump, slide and rappel down gorgeous water streams into crystal-clear natural pools. The highest rappel can go up to 16 meters, and the highest jump up to around 8 meters. If you are uncomfortable about jumping there will be provided other options.
The Half Day Plus takes around 5h00 and the the Full Day will add more moments of jumps and rappells.
We will leave the stream in a very demanding and steep path taking around 45 minutes to return to our cars. We will finish with a picnic lunch.
- We may offer a pick up service depending on week days and options. Please consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande. For other areas please contact us to see our availability.
- If you didn’t ask for Pickup, please consider the meeting point at Lomba de S.Pedro around 9:30am (near a small school and a bus stop). We will email you in case we need to settle a different time
- In case you booked the tour with “pick up” option please consider the pick up time to 8:30am. We will email you in case we need to settle a different time. In some cases we may ask you to meet in a specific location
- Swimwear, if possible already dressed;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Confortable clothes;
- Your personal water bottle.
- Accredited guides;
- All the material (fully equipped harness, wetsuits and socks, helmet, canyoning boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Snack or drinks (Full Day and Half Day);
- Pic-nic Lunch (Full Day Tour).
- Pick up and Drop off
- IF YOU ARE NOT FINDING THE RIGHT BOOKING OPTION OR DAY THAT CAN FIT IN YOUR PLANS PLEASE EMAIL US SO WE CAN TRY TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE;
- For groups larger than 8 persons please contact us;
- For more technical canyonings please contact us and we will provide you some different options.
If you want you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottle or Tea / Coffee Cup for 5€. You are supporting our local environment and you can use it during your activities and take it back home as a souvenir from Azores and from Fun Activities.