Kayaking Vila Franca do Campo
For us, a kayak excursion along the coast of São Miguel is the best way to combine good physical training with the unique opportunity to explore and discover some of the most beautiful hidden gems on the island (high cliffs, bays, small caves, unknown sand beaches, etc.).
- Family kayaks for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children, stable and comfortable for beginners;
- Inclusion of an impermeable container (so you can take belongings that you consider essential);
- You don’t need previous experience, but you must feel comfortable at the sea;
- Possibility of Pick-up (and Drop-off) at your accommodation place.
NOTE: Fun Activities offers, essentially, Kayaking tours directly at the sea, but if you are interested, know that it’s possible to do it in some of the volcanic lagoons of the island (for this, you have to contact us).
50€ with pick up
Price Per Person
- with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
CHILDREN ( 6-12 YEARS OLD )
+ / - 3 hours
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
6 yo Minimum
In this tour, you will have the possibility to: explore the exterior (and a little of the interior) of the emblematic Vila Franca do Campo Islet; swim in the Atlantic Ocean; and do some snorkeling. When we arrive at the local marina, we will proceed with the material distribution and a quick safety briefing. In total, we will cover approximately 4.5 km, which normally lasts about 3 hours (depending on weather conditions and group skills).
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h00 and 08h30 AM (Morning Tour), OR between 01h15 and 01h45 PM (Afternoon Tour) at your accommodation. Consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other areas, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will leave you in the same place we picked you up.
- If you don’t require Pick-up, consider the meeting point at Marina de Vila Franca do Campo around 08h50 AM (Morning Tour), OR around 02h00 PM (Afternoon Tour).
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time / place.
- Bathing suit (if possible already dressed);
- Beach towel;
- Adequate clothes and shoes for the activity (which should protect you from the sun, wind and water splashes);
- Comfortable clothes and shoes to use after the activity (optional);
- Your personal water bottle;
- Sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- All Kayaking material (kayaks, rudders and life jackets);
- Snorkeling equipment (mask and snorkel);
- Photos / Videos;
- Waterproof barrels (to take your essential belongings with you);
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
You should contact us:
- If you plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- If you are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- If you can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way, you’re helping to preserve the environement, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!