KAYAKING | Vila Franca do Campo
For us, a kayaking excursion along the coast of São Miguel is the best way to combine good physical training with the unique opportunity to explore and discover some of the most beautiful hidden gems on the island (high cliffs, bays, small caves, unknown sandy beaches, etc.).
- Family kayaks for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children, stable and comfortable for beginners;
- Inclusion of an impermeable container (so you can take belongings that you consider essential);
- You don’t need previous experience, but you must feel comfortable at sea;
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation – if respective option is chosen.
NOTE: Fun Activities offers, essentially, Kayaking tours directly in the ocean, but if you are interested, know that it’s possible to go kayaking in some of the volcanic lagoons of the island. We also have the possibility to organize kayaking along the coastline of Caloura (superb for snorkeling). Please contact us for more information.
€70 with pick up
Price Per Person
- with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 People OR + )
CHILDREN ( 6-12 YEARS OLD )
Min. 2 PAX
6 yrs Minimum
During this tour, you will kayak to and explore the emblematic Vila Franca do Campo Islet; In total, we will cover approximately 5 km, which normally lasts about 3 hours (depending on weather conditions and group skills). Upon arrival at the local marina, we will proceed with the material distribution and a quick safety briefing. Leaving the Marina, we will head to this epic islet where we will circumnavigate it; exploring its hidden caves, swim in the Atlantic Ocean and snorkel. With our local nature guide, we will kayak into the islet bay, relax on the beach within and venture on the islet for a better look of this Protected Landscape.
NOTE: The islet and the ocean area within, are protected due to it being a unique breeding ground for several marine bird species. Walking on the islet and/or swimming in the area may be restricted from the 16th October until mid June. Kayaking in the ocean is dependent on weather and sea conditions; the safety of our clients is of our outmost priority and this activity my be cancelled or rescheduled accordingly.
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h40 and 09h00 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other locations, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- If you don’t require Pick-up, consider the Meeting Point at Marina de Vila Franca do Campo at 09h30 AM.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time / place.
- Bathing suit (already dressed);
- Beach towel;
- Adequate clothes and shoes for the activity (which should protect you from the sun, wind and water splashes);
- Comfortable clothes and shoes to use after the activity (optional);
- Individual water bottle;
- Sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides.
- All Kayaking material (kayaks, paddles and life jackets).
- Snorkeling equipment (mask and snorkel).
- Waterproof barrels (to take your essential belongings with you).
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).