HIKE | Sete Cidades – Ferraria
With this tour, get to know another one of the countless “beauties” of the island of São Miguel – the village of Sete Cidades, which will show you how nature, combined with the human hand, is capable of providing unbelievable landscapes and unique leisurely moments! To do this, you must be properly dressed, since the climate of the Azores tends to change dramatically throughout the day, apart from the fact that walking in the mountains is totally different from walking at sea level – and we will be doing both! So, get ready for lots of fun and adventure with us on this beautiful panoramic hike in this volcanic region, ending the day with a splash at Ferraria or a visit to Mosteiros.
- Follow a nature guide and discover impressive spots and wonderful panoramas.
- Suitable for most ages, families and friends.
- Visit the famous viewpoints of Boca D’Inferno and Vista do Rei.
- Witness the beauty and uniqueness of the Green and Blue Lakes.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in nature.
- Take a dip in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Inclusion of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation.
- Reasonable level of fitness required.
NOTE: At your request, we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
55€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 people OR + )
CHILDREN ( 8-12 YEARS OLD )
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
8 yo Minimum
We will be hiking the trail of Serra Devassa where we will be doing a circular route through a Protected Area covering a distance of around 5 km.
From the start the trail will take us up through the hills, where we will be able to see as far as the Pau Pique lake and the ruins of the old aqueduct system of Muro das Nove Janelas that used to supply Ponta Delgada.
We will continue uphill reaching 873m at the point Pico das Eguas where we will be rewarded with panoramic views towards the Eguas lake on one side and the Rasa Lake ahead.
From here we will go down to Lagoa Rasa which is surrounded by several volcanic cones. We will pass by a small cave and the water house for a closer look and continue on our way round the lake. We will take a short detour through a wooded area of Japanese Cedar, until reaching the Empadadas lagoons.
From here we will go back, around Pico das Eguas to our initial starting point, where we will enter the Forest Park of Mata do Canario. Here we will pay a visit to Lagoa do Canario and stroll through the park to the famous viewpoint of Boca d’Inferno to take a look.
Back at the car we will drive to the next highlight; the viewpoint of Vista do Rei, where there is a beautiful panoramic view of the village of Sete Cidades and the Green and Blue Lakes below you.
We will then drive down to the Lakes where you can enjoy an hour at your own leisure or have fun with other activities available at the shore, like Kayaking, Stand-up Paddling or take an easy e-bike ride along the banks of the twin lakes.
NOTE: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
- The Pick-up time is, usually, around 09:00 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will Drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time / place.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (in addition to being light, they should be able to protect you from the wind and rain);
- Individual water bottle;
- Small backpack (to transport your belongings and the lunch we provide);
- Bathing suit and a Beach towel;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Trekking poles.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way, you’re helping to preserve the environement, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!