HIKE | Sete Cidades – Ferraria
With this tour, get to know another one of the countless “beauties” of the island of São Miguel – the village of Sete Cidades, which will show you how nature, combined with the human hand, is capable of providing unbelievable landscapes and unique leisure moments! To do this, you must be properly dressed, since the climate of the Azores tends to change dramatically throughout the day (besides that walking in the mountains is totally different from walking at sea level – and we will do both!). So, get ready for eventual pikes of humidity, heat, wind, downpours and, especially, lots of fun and adventure!
- Discover impressive places, wonderful panoramas and a little of the local fauna, flora and geology;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, families and friends;
- Inclusion of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation place;
- Reasonable physical condition required.
NOTE: At your request, we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
55€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
CHILDREN ( 8-12 YEARS OLD )
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
8 yo Minimum
|8 Hours||Medium||12 km||Circular|
First, we will visit two of the most spectacular viewpoints on the island – the viewpoint of Grota do Inferno and the viewpoint of Vista do Rei, after which the tour will begin (starting, initially, from Cumeeira Sul which, after +/- 5 km, will guide us down to the main crater).
Then, it is time to rest and have lunch in the tranquility of the small village of Sete Cidades, from where we will walk a little side by side with the emblematic Lagoa Verde (Green Lagoon), until we go up again towards the viewpoint of Vista do Rei.
NOTE: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
- The Pick-up time is, usually, around 09:00 AM at your accommodation place. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will leave you in the same place we picked you up.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time / place.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (in addition to being light, they should be able to protect you from the wind and rain);
- Individual water bottle;
- Small backpack (to transport your belongings and the lunch we provide);
- Bathing suit (already dressed);
- Beach towel;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation place;
- Trekking poles.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way, you’re helping to preserve the environement, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!