HIKE | Sete Cidades & Ferraria
Situated in the Western side of Sao Miguel is one of the most beautiful areas on the island, attracting visitors from all over the world. Come and join us on a hike through this unique landscape, where you will be surrounded by volcanic mountains, forests, lakes and breathtaking views around every corner.
- Follow our friendly nature guide and discover impressive spots and wonderful panoramas.
- Suitable for most ages, families and friends.
- Visit the famous viewpoints of Boca D’Inferno and Vista do Rei.
- Witness the beauty and uniqueness of the Green and Blue Lakes.
- Reasonable level of fitness required.
NOTE: All our Hiking Tours are considered to be Full Day tours which include; Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation, Break time to enjoy a picnic lunch (provided), a couple of hours of hiking and time to swim and/or relax at the end of the day.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
€60 with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 people OR + )
CHILDREN ( 8-12 YEARS OLD )
Min. 2 PAX
8 yrs Minimum
|3 Hours||Medium||7 km||Circular|
NOTE: This tour is available during the months of November to April. Please contact us for other availabilities.
We will be hiking the trail of Serra Devassa where we will be doing a circular route through a Protected Area covering a distance of around 5 km.
From the start, the trail will take us up through the hills, where we will be able to see as far as the Pau Pique lake and the ruins of the old aqueduct system of Muro das Nove Janelas that used to supply Ponta Delgada.
We will continue uphill reaching 873m at the point Pico das Éguas where we will be rewarded with panoramic views towards the Éguas lake on one side and the Rasa Lake ahead.
From here we will go down to Lagoa Rasa which is surrounded by several volcanic cones. We will pass by a small cave and the water house for a closer look and continue on our way round the lake. We will take a short detour through a wooded area of Japanese Cedar, until reaching the Empadadas lagoons.
From here we will go back, around Pico das Éguas to our initial starting point, where we will enter the Forest Park of Mata do Canário. Here we will pay a visit to Lagoa do Canário and stroll through the park to the famous viewpoint of Boca do Inferno to take a look.
Back at the car we will drive to the next highlight; the viewpoint of Vista do Rei, where there is a beautiful panoramic view of the village of Sete Cidades and the Green and Blue Lakes below you.
We will then drive down to the Lakes where you can enjoy an hour at your own leisure or have fun with other activities available at the shore, like Kayaking, Stand-up Paddling or take an easy e-bike ride along the banks of the twin lakes.
NOTE: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas. Hiking this trail depends on weather conditions and group abilities and we will be flexible with the route accordingly.
- The Pick-up time is, usually, around 09:00 AM at, or close to, your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will Drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time or place.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes: we recommend carrying a light waterproof jacket and wearing hiking boots or walking shoes.
- Individual water bottle.
- Small backpack: to carry your belongings and the lunch we provide.
- Bathing suit and a Beach towel: we recommend bringing a plastic bag for carrying your wet belongings after swimming.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Medication: Any personal medication that you may need for the duration of the tour (eg: inhaler for asthma, sugar packets for diabetics, anti-inflammatory gel etc.)
- Knee/ankle Support : For anyone who suffers from certain area joint problems, we recommend wearing an elastic support for better stability and to prevent any further injury.
- Accredited guides;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Trekking poles.
- This activity is not recommended for persons with severe problems with their back, knees or ankles. Please let us know of any previous injuries, medical conditions or health problems when booking.
- Children are under the responsibility of an adult.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).