HIKE | Salto do Prego – Sanguinho
With this excursion, discover the magnificent waterfall of Salto do Prego, the welcoming parish of Faial da Terra, and the remote ancestral village of Sanguinho. To do this, you must be properly dressed, since the climate of the Azores tends to change dramatically throughout the day (besides that walking in the mountains is totally different from walking at sea level – and we will do both!). So, get ready for eventual pikes of humidity, heat, wind, downpours and, especially, lots of fun and adventure!
- Discover impressive places, wonderful panoramas and a little of the local fauna, flora and geology;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, families and friends;
- Inclusion of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Reasonable physical condition required.
NOTE: At your request, we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
55€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
CHILDREN (8-12 YEARS OLD)
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
8 yo Minimum
SALTO DO PREGO – SANGUINHO:
|8 hours||Medium||4 km||Circular|
In this tour, which begins in the parish of Faial da Terra, we will walk side by side with a beautiful river that will guide us through sensational orchards, wooden bridges, forests, and typical houses/roads, until we reach the magical waterfall of Salto do Prego – whose crystal waters you will have the opportunity to try.
On the way back, we will cross the old abandoned village of Sanguinho, which has been gradually recovering its charm and liveliness.
NOTE: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
- The Pick-up time is, usually, around 09:00 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will Drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time / place.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (in addition to being light, they should be able to protect you from the wind and rain);
- Individual water bottle;
- Small backpack (to transport your belongings and the lunch we provide);
- Bathing suit and a Beach towel;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Trekking poles.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way, you’re helping to preserve the environement, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!