HIKE | Ribeira Funda - Maia
This trail will provide you a tour of the incredible north coast of the island. The walk starts at Ribeira Funda passing through several ruins with old windmills, viola beach, small plots or hillsides by the sea and ending in Maia in the seaside area of Poço do Frade. Join us and get ready for a trip to the 80s of the 20th century. With lots of fun and adventure you will also have beautiful landscapes.
- Discover impressive places, wonderful panoramas and a little of the local fauna, flora and geology;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, families and friends;
- Inclusion of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Reasonable physical condition required.
NOTE: At your request, we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
55€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
CHILDREN (8-12 years old)
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
8 yo Minimum
|8 Hours||Medium||6,5 km||Linear|
We start this walk in the parish of Ribeira Funda and during this tour it will be possible to have direct contact with nature and vegetation as well as incredible coastal landscapes. It is a walk full of stories that remind us of our ancestors and, it will be possible to observe some ruins of old watermills and small waterfalls.
We follow the trail until it takes us to Praia da Viola in the parish of Lomba da Maia. In this area, it is posible a greater proximity to the sea and a replenishment of energy to those who are nature and salt water lovers. From here, we start walking towards the end of the trail that ends at the beach in the parish of Maia.
NOTE: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
- The Pick-up time is, usually, around 09:00 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will Drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time / place.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (in addition to being light, they should be able to protect you from the wind and rain);
- Individual water bottle;
- Small backpack (to transport your belongings and the lunch we provide);
- Bathing suit and a Beach towel;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Trekking poles.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way, you’re helping to preserve the environement, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!