HIKE | Ribeira Funda - Maia
This tour will provide you with an incredible experience along the north coast of the island of São Miguel, beginning in the Ribeira Funda area and passing through several ruins of old mills, the emblematic Praia da Viola beach, stupendous staircases and several informative and photographic plates about the people and old customs of the region, until ending in the friendly parish of Maia, more specifically in the Fishing Port of Praia do Calhau D’Areia beach (whose crystal waters you will have the opportunity to try). Join us and invest in this journey through the 80’s with lots of fun and adventure, as well as unforgettable landscapes to the mix!
- Discover impressive places, wonderful panoramas and a little of the local fauna, flora and geology;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, families and friends;
- Inclusion of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Reasonable physical condition required.
NOTE: At your request, we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
55€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
CHILDREN (8-12 years old)
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
8 yo Minimum
RIBEIRA FUNDA – MAIA:
|Full Day (Dia Inteiro)|
|8 hours||Medium||6,5 km||Linear|
The trail will start at Ribeira Funda (belonging to the parish of Fenais da Ajuda), where you will be constantly in direct contact with incredible coastal landscapes and the typical nature and vegetation of the island of São Miguel.
This specific tour is full of history and memories transcribed in photographic and informational panels that remind us of our ancestors and their customs, as well as multiple ruins of ancient water / windmills and small but impressive waterfalls.
On the way, we will cross the “remote” and paradisiacal Praia da Viola beach, which is located in the parish of Lomba da Maia. In this area, you can test “our” so esteemed Atlantic ocean, which will easily restore your energy levels even if you just stop for a while to rest and enjoy the soothing sounds that surround you.
NOTE: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
- The Pick-up time is, usually, around 09:00 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will Drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time / place.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (in addition to being light, they should be able to protect you from the wind and rain);
- Individual water bottle;
- Small backpack (to transport your belongings and the lunch we provide);
- Bathing suit and a Beach towel;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Trekking poles.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way, you’re helping to preserve the environement, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!