E-MTB | Sete Cidades (Half Day)
Take a deeper look at the best Sete Cidades have to offer with this E-bike tour! Cycle along the emblematic Lagoa Azul (“Blue Lagoon”) and Lagoa Verde (“Green Lagoon“), visit the viewpoints of Lagoa de Santiago (“Lagoon of Santiago), Lagoa Rasa (“Shallow Lagoon”), Vista do Rei (“King’s View“), and take a thrilling bike ride around Cumeeira Pequena (“Small Summit Rim“). Breathe in the fresh air of this wonderful place, while passing through dirt roads, trails and parks with typical flora, fauna and geology of this region. Get to know this quaint village and witness first hand, its’ culture and traditions!
- It’s essential for you to know how to ride a bike;
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Discover impressive places, wonderful panoramas and the local fauna, flora and geology;
- A reasonable physical condition is required, otherwise the tour can be uncomfortable for some people.
NOTE: We’ll go through main public roads, official hiking trails, agricultural access and protected landscapes. So, please respect our environment, acting responsibly in order to ensure its preservation.
60€ with pick up
Price Per Person
- with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 6 PEOPLE OR + )
CHILDREN ( 8-12 YEARS OLD )
Min. 2 PAX Max. 6 PAX
|3 Hours||Medium||23 km||Circular|
At the starting point, we will spend around 15 minutes to give you a quick safety briefing, a demonstration on how to use your e-bike and all its’ functions and hand out your equipment. Once you are all set up, we are ready to go on this adventure and have lots of fun together!
To start, we’ll head over the bridge dividing the Blue from the Green lagoon, and enjoy the lakeside view going to the Peninsula and the peaceful picnic area of Baía do Silencio (“Bay of Silence“).
Heading back to the bridge along easy dirt tracks, get ready for a long and steep ascent on the main road, along which you can stop at the viewpoints of Lagoa de Santiago (“Santiago Lagoon“) and Cerrado das Freiras (which basically means “Nuns Haven”).
Continuing onwards and upwards till finally reaching the Viewpoint of Vista do Rei (“King’s View“) for a magnificent view of the lagoons below. Then, a more adventurous trail lies ahead taking you along Cumeeira Pequena (“Small Summit Rim“) on a graveled road.
Passing Lomba do Vasco Viewpoint we’ll finish the tour going down through the heart of the village of Sete Cidades, passing by the Parish Church of São Nicolau, leading us back to the start point.
- The Pick-up time is, usually, between 08:20 and 08:30 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will Drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- If you don’t require Pick-up, the Meeting Point is at the parking lot of Lagoa do Canário around 09h15 AM.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time / place.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (NOTE: there may be muddy areas, so we recommend waterproof clothing and a windbreaker);
- Individual water bottle;
- Sunglasses and sunscreen;
- Small backpack (to carry your personal belongings).
- Accredited guides;
- Cycling Helmets and Gloves;
- First Aid Kit;
- Basic Repair Kit;
- Personal Accident Insurance;
- Bicycle Lock Cable;
- Reflective Vest;
- Photos and Videos;
- Pick-up and Drop-off, if the respective option is chosen.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 6 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. In doing so, you will be helping in the preservation of our environment, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!