CANYONING | Salto do Cabrito
Undoubtedly, the most thrilling and fun way to experience the Azorean nature and some of its most impressive natural “monuments” and untouched landscapes! This Canyoning tour will take you to explore magnificent rivers and waterfalls using different canyoning techniques, such as rappels and zip-lines.
- Ideal for fun, adventure and adrenaline lovers;
- Suitable for almost all ages, and for beginners while still challenging for the more experienced canyoneer;
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation – if respective option is chosen;
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape, but you don’t need to know how to swim.
75€ with pick up
Price Per Person
- with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 PEOPLE OR + )
CHILDREN ( 10-12 YEARS OLD )
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
10 yo Minimum
This excursion takes place at the Salto do Cabrito Waterfall, an amazing spot located very close to Ribeira Grande and Caldeira Velha (+/- 20 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). When we get there, we will proceed with the equipment distribution and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 30 minute hike towards the start of the canyon where the fun will begin!
We will wade down the river, reaching several waterfalls where we will abseil or zip-line down this deep canyon surrounded by the amazing nature of this volcanic area.
The highest rappel can reach up to 16 meters and, unlike other canyons, there won’t be any jumps. So, to end the adventure, you can opt for a 4 meter jump or a zip-line.
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h20 and 08h40 AM at your place of accommodation . Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- If you don’t require Pick-up, consider the Meeting Point at the parking lot of Areal de Santa Bárbara Beach, next to Tuká Tulá Bar around 09h00 AM.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time / place.
- Bathing suit (already dressed);
- Beach towel;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Comfortable clothes and shoes;
- Individual water bottle.
- Accredited guides;
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. In doing so, you will be helping in preserving the environment, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!