CANYONING | Salto do Cabrito
Undoubtedly, the most thrilling and fun way to explore one of the most beautiful areas of the island. This tour takes you into the depths of nature, abseiling down various waterfalls, exploring the canyon and wading through its river, sliding and jumping into natural pools below… making It a great way to spend the day if you are looking for a little bit of a challenge, fun and adrenaline.
- Ideal for fun, adventure and adrenaline lovers;
- Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone under the supervision of our experienced and friendly guides.
- Suitable for most ages and all levels of canyoning experience; whether you’re a beginner or have done canyoning before, this will be a thrilling experience for all.
- Loads of fun in both rain or shine.
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape as this tour includes climbing a steep “staircase”, walking on unstable terrain, muddy slopes, and small uphill and downhill scrambles. However, you don’t need to know how to swim.
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation – if respective option is chosen
75€ with pick up
Price Per Person
- with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 PEOPLE OR + )
CHILDREN ( 10-12 YEARS OLD )
Min. 2 PAX
10 yrs Minimum
This excursion takes place at the Salto do Cabrito Waterfall, an amazing spot located very close to Ribeira Grande and Caldeira Velha (+/- 30 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). When we get there, we will proceed with the equipment distribution and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 30 minute hike towards the start of the canyon where the fun will begin!
We will wade down the river, reaching several waterfalls where we will abseil or zip-line down this deep canyon surrounded by the amazing nature of this volcanic area.
The highest rappel can reach up to 16 meters and, unlike other canyons, there won’t be any jumps. So, to end the adventure, you can opt for a 4 meter jump or a zip-line.
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h20 and 08h40 AM at, or close to, your place of accommodation . Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- If you don’t require Pick-up, consider the Meeting Point at the parking lot of Areal de Santa Bárbara Beach, next to Tuká Tulá Bar around 09h00 AM.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time or place.
- Bathing suit: To be worn from home.
- Hair elastic band : For comfort and safety reasons, we advise people with long hair to tie their hair back.
- Glasses: If you normally wear spectacles, we advise you to attach your glasses to a lanyard to prevent dropping and breaking them or losing them in the river. When abseiling and jumping in the water, we recommend putting your glasses inside your wetsuit for safekeeping. We do not recommend wearing contact lenses as they are easily lost when jumping in the water.
- Medication: Any personal medication that you may need for the duration of the tour (eg: inhaler for asthma, sugar packets for diabetics etc.)
- Knee/ankle Support : For anyone who suffers from certain area joint problems, we recommend wearing an elastic support for better stability and to prevent any further injury.
- Towel and dry clothes to change into after the tour;
- Individual water bottle: We recommend drinking some water before and after the tour.
- Accredited guides;
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Photos / Videos,
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
- This activity is not recommended for persons with back and/or neck problems. Please let us know of any previous injuries, medical conditions or health problems when booking.
- Children are under the responsibility of an adult.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. In doing so, you will be helping in preserving the environment, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!