CANYONING | Ribeira da Salga
Our Canyoning tours will take you to explore magnificent rivers and waterfalls using different techniques (such as jumps, rappel, and slides). Undoubtedly, the most thrilling and fun way to experience the Azorean nature and some of its most impressive natural “monuments” and untouched landscapes!
- Ideal for fun, adventure and adrenaline lovers;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, and for beginners (while still challenging for the more experienced);
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation – if respective option is chosen;
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape, but you don’t need to know how to swim.
90€ with pick up
Price Per Person
115€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
CHILDREN ( 10-12 years old )
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
10 yo Minimum
6 to 7 Hours
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
12 yo Minimum
This excursion takes place in Ribeira da Salga, located in the northeast part of the island of São Miguel, between the parishes of Lomba de São Pedro and Salga (+/- 40 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). Upon arrival, we will proceed with the distribution of equipment and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 30 minute hike towards the start of the canyon where the fun will begin!
From this tour, you can expect a wild and (almost) untouched nature, with difficult accesses, some steep paths, and a lot of physical exercise. The highest rappel can reach up to 16 meters, and the highest jump up to 8 meters (if you feel uncomfortable about the jumps, know that there are alternatives).
- The Half Day PLUS tour lasts around 5 hours and includes various jumps into natural pools, abseiling down waterfalls and enjoy some waterslides with a splash. During the tour we will take a break to eat some snacks before jumping right back into this amazing wilderness and continuing on our adventure. This tour gives you less time and activities (compared to the Full Day tour) although they’re equally fun and challenging for any avid adventure seeker. We will end our trip with a well deserved picnic style lunch at a local park.
- The Full Day tour is of around 6 to 7 hours and gives you a relatively fuller and harder experience (compared to the previous one), with more time to explore and activities to try. This tour starts off and includes the same fun and challenging route as our Half Day Plus tour. Then, after a break to replenish ourselves with some hearty snacks, we will continue on on our adventure with an extended route that is filled with more activities to thrill you along the way. At the end of the tour we will take you to a local park to enjoy a well-deserved picnic lunch. This tour is recommended for our clients who are really up for a challenge as it will be quite a physically demanding day, were we are sure you will go home tired but happy.
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h30 and 08h50 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other locations, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will drop you off in the same place we picked you up.
- If you don’t require Pick-up, consider the meeting point at the parking lot of Junta de Freguesia da Lomba de São Pedro at around 09h30 AM (near a small school and a bus stop).
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different Pick-up time / place.
- Bathing suit (already dressed);
- Beach towel;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Comfortable clothes and shoes;
- Individual water bottle.
- Accredited guides;
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. In doing so, you will be helping to preserve the environment, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!