CANYONING | Lombadas / Praia
Immerse yourself in nature on this intense canyoning tour, where you will explore some of our wildest valleys, making your way down rushing rivers and magnificent waterfalls using different canyoning techniques such as rappels and slides and reaching the top of one of the highest waterfalls on the island. Undoubtedly, the most thrilling and fun way to experience Azorean nature and some of its most impressive natural “monuments” and breathtaking landscapes!
Ideal for adventure and adrenaline lovers;
Have fun and explore one of the islands most impressive landscapes.
Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone under the supervision of our experienced and friendly guides
An amazing experience in both rain or shine.
Suitable for youngsters and adults alike. These are two of our most physically challenging Canyoning tours, and even though you do not need to have any previous experience, we do recommend that you have a high level of fitness and are not afraid of heights;
Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation – if respective option is chosen
Note: It is recommended that you are in good physical shape as this tour includes, at times; walking on unstable terrain, muddy slopes, and small uphill and downhill scrambles. However, you don’t need to know how to swim. The safety of our clients is of our utmost priority and so we do not recommend this tour for persons weighing more than 120kg.
€145 with pick up
Price Per Person
€175 with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 PEOPLE OR + )
Min. 3 PAX
16 yrs Minimum
Min. 3 PAX
16 yrs Minimum
This tour is only available for private bookings, please contact us to make a reservation.
This excursion takes place in the central part of the island of Sao Miguel (+/- 45 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada), more specifically in Lombadas (Half Day PLUS tour) or Ribeira da Praia (Full Day tour). Upon arrival, we will proceed with the distribution of equipment and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 10 minute / 1 hour hike, respectively, towards the start of your epic adventure!
- The Half Day PLUS tour lasts around 5 hours and takes place in “Vale das Lombadas”. We will literally dive into the start of our canyoning adventure and continue down the river with several rappels along the way. Our clients will have the unique opportunity to contemplate the stunning panorama of the valleys below the most respectable waterfall of Lombadas (+/- 45 meters high). Towards the end of the tour you will enjoy one of the most beautiful natural wonders in the area: a small natural pool and rock formation that was formed by the different thermal water springs running through this canyon.
- The Full Day tour lasts around 9 hours, and can start in the area of “Lagos” (located in the parish of Água D’Alto), or in “Monte Escuro” (depending on the group and weather conditions), both of which are places of great beauty. We will start with a beautiful panoramic hike through Pico da Vela going towards the Canyoning site where the fun will begin! The tour is made up of several rappels of considerable height, wading through the river and exploring the canyon until we reach one of the most magnificent waterfalls on the island (of +/- 45 meters high). From here, we will continue with more thrilling rappels facing our natural playground that will give you a bird-eye-view of the untouched landscapes under our feet.
- If you don’t require Pick-up for the Half Day PLUS tour (Lombadas), consider the Meeting Point at the parking lot of Areal de Santa Bárbara, next to Tuká Tulá Bar at around 09:30 AM;
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time / place.
- Bathing suit: To be worn from home.
- Hair elastic band : For comfort and safety reasons, we advise people with long hair to tie their hair back.
- Glasses: If you normally wear spectacles, we advise you to attach your glasses to a lanyard to prevent dropping and breaking them or losing them in the river. When abseiling and jumping in the water, we recommend putting your glasses inside your wetsuit for safekeeping. We do not recommend wearing contact lenses as they are easily lost when jumping in the water.
- Medication: Any personal medication that you may need for the duration of the tour (eg: inhaler for asthma, sugar packets for diabetics etc.)
- Knee/ankle Support : For anyone who suffers from certain area joint problems, we recommend wearing an elastic support for better stability and to prevent any further injury.
- Towel and dry clothes to change into after the tour;
- Individual water bottle, which you will carry and use throughout the day.
- Accredited guides;
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Picnic Lunch;
- Pick-up and Drop-off on the Full Day Tour (Praia);
- On the Half Day Tour (Lombadas) the Pick-up and Drop-off are only included if the respective option is chosen.
- This activity is not recommended for persons with back and/or neck problems. Please let us know of any previous injuries, medical conditions or health problems when booking.
- Children are under the responsibility of an adult.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).