CANYONING | Experience
Our Canyoning tours will take you to explore magnificent rivers and waterfalls using different canyoning techniques such as jumps, rappel, and slides. Undoubtedly, the most thrilling and fun way to experience the Azorean nature and some of its most impressive natural “monuments” and untouched landscapes!
- Ideal for fun, adventure and adrenaline lovers;
- Suitable for almost all ages, and for beginners, while still challenging for the more experienced canyoneer;
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation – if respective option is chosen;
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape, but you don’t need to know how to swim.
65€ with pick up
Price Per Person
85€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 People OR + )
CHILDREN (6-12 YEARS OLD)
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
6 yo minimum
5 to 6 Hours
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
10 yo minimum
This excursion takes place in Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões, one of the most extraordinary places in the northeastern part of the island of São Miguel (+/- 45 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). Upon arrival, we will proceed with the distribution of equipment and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 15-30 minute hike towards the canyon where the fun will begin!
The highest rappel can reach up to 15 meters in height, and the highest jump up to around 6 meters (if you feel uncomfortable about the jumps, know that there are alternatives).
- The Half Day tour lasts around 3 hours. This tour takes you into the depths of nature, abseiling down various waterfalls, exploring the mentioned canyon and wading through its river, jumping and sliding into natural pools below… Its a great way to spend the morning and/or afternoon if you are looking for a little bit of a challenge, fun and adrenaline.
- The Full Day tour lasts between 5 to 6 hours. The first half of the tour will follow the same route as our Half Day tour with various waterfalls under which you will abseil, jumps and waterslides. We will then take a short break to eat some snacks before continuing onwards to the extended part of the route down the river to enjoy more rappels and slides in this natural playground. We will finish off the trip with a well-deserved picnic style lunch at the park itself.
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h00 and 08h20 AM at your place of accommodation. Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- If you don’t require Pick-up, consider the Meeting Point at the parking lot of Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões around 09h00 AM (you’ll see a waterfall across the street).
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time / place.
- Bathing suit (already dressed);
- Beach towel;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Comfortable clothes and shoes;
- Individual water bottle.
- Accredited guides;
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Photos / Videos;
- Snacks (on both Full Day and Half Day tours);
- Picnic Lunch (only on the Full Day tour);
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if respective option is chosen).
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. In doing so, you will be helping to preserve the environment, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!