Canyoning & Biking Tour
Both of these activities combine lots of fun, endless adrenaline and magnificent landscapes! With the Canyoning tour, early in the morning, you will explore incredible rivers and waterfalls through different techniques (eg, rappel, small jumps and rock-slides). On the Biking tour, which will follow after lunch, you will discover new panoramas, fauna and flora that you never thought existed. Without a doubt, the ideal excursion for adventure and nature lovers!
- Ideal for fun, adventure and adrenaline lovers;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, and for beginners (while still challenging for the more experienced client);
- Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation included;
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape and know how to ride a bicycle, but you don’t need to know how to swim for the Canyoning tour.
- with pick up
Price Per Person
85€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 ELEMENTS OR + )
Medium | Hard Level
Min. 2 PAX Max. 8 PAX
12 yo Minimum
On the other hand, our Bike Tours can be carried out in one of the following 2 areas, depending on local conditions, weather and the abilities of the group:
– GRAMINHAIS / TRONQUEIRA: The circuit will start on the Graminhais plateau, very close to Pico da Vara (the highest peak of the island), and will pass through the area of Tronqueira, which covers the largest primitive forest of the island, surrounded by immense mountains and deep valleys. In addition to breathtaking landscapes, you will have the opportunity to explore and get to know a little of the typical fauna, flora and geology of São Miguel.
NOTE: Most of the tour will be done downhill, and some places can be quite steep.
– FURNAS: This is, perhaps, the most unusual and impressive parish on the island, as it is located within one of the oldest and still active volcanic calderas of the archipelago. In addition to having the opportunity to visit the emblematic fumaroles, thermal springs and Furnas Lagoon, you will also learn about the history of this magnificent land.
NOTE: This will be a slightly more demanding tour, with some rough uphill roads that, in the end, will be totally worth it!
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h00 AM and 08h20 AM at your place of accommodation . Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time / place.
- Bathing suit (already dressed);
- Beach towel;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Comfortable clothes and shoes;
- Individual water bottle;
- Small backpack (to carry your personal items);
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- All the Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Bicycles and cycling helmets;
- Photos / Videos;
- Pick-up and Drop-off.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. In doing so, you will be helping in the preservation of the environment, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!