Canyoning & Biking Tour
Enjoy a day full of fun, endless adrenaline and magnificent landscapes! Dive right into the adventure with a Canyoning tour in the morning where you will explore incredible rivers and waterfalls through different techniques such as jumps, rappels and rock-slides. Then, after lunch, take a ride on the wild side, cycling through the oldest and greenest part of the Island where you will pass through forests with breathtaking panoramic views and discover the islands’ diverse flora, fauna and geological wonders. Without a doubt, the ideal excursion for adventure and nature lovers!
- Ideal for adventure, nature and adrenaline lovers;
- Have fun and explore some of the islands most impressive landscapes.
- Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone under the supervision of our experienced and friendly guides.
- An amazing experience in both rain or shine.
- Suitable for youngsters and adults alike.
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape and know how to ride a bicycle, but you don’t need to know how to swim for the Canyoning tour.
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation – if respective option is chosen
- with pick up
Price Per Person
85€ with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS ( 9 People OR + )
Medium | Hard Level
Min. 2 PAX
12 yrs Minimum
On the other hand, our Bike Tours can be carried out in one of the following 2 areas, depending on local conditions, weather and the abilities of the group:
– GRAMINHAIS / TRONQUEIRA: The circuit will start on the Graminhais plateau, very close to Pico da Vara (the highest peak of the island), and will pass through the area of Tronqueira, which covers the largest primitive forest of the island, surrounded by immense mountains and deep valleys. In addition to breathtaking landscapes, you will have the opportunity to explore and get to know a little of the typical fauna, flora and geology of São Miguel.
NOTE: Most of the tour will be done downhill, and some places can be quite steep.
– FURNAS: This is, perhaps, the most unusual and impressive parish on the island, as it is located within one of the oldest and still active volcanic calderas of the archipelago. In addition to having the opportunity to visit the emblematic fumaroles, thermal springs and Furnas Lagoon, you will also learn about the history of this magnificent land.
NOTE: This will be a slightly more demanding tour, with some rough uphill roads that, in the end, will be totally worth it!
- The Pick-up time is usually between 08h00 AM and 08h20 AM at your place of accommodation . Consider this for the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for others, please contact us).
- When the activity is over, we will drop you off at your place of accommodation again.
- We will contact you in case we need to settle a different time / place.
- Bathing suit: To be worn from home.
- Hair elastic band : For comfort and safety reasons, we advise people with long hair to tie their hair back.
- Glasses: If you normally wear spectacles, we advise you to attach your glasses to a lanyard to prevent dropping and breaking them or losing them in the river. When abseiling and jumping in the water, we recommend putting your glasses inside your wetsuit for safekeeping. We do not recommend wearing contact lenses as they are easily lost when jumping in the water.
- Towel and dry clothes to change into after the tour; we recommend bringing a weatherproof jacket.
- Medication: Any personal medication that you may need for the duration of the tour (eg: inhaler for asthma, sugar packets for diabetics etc.)
- Knee/ankle Support : For anyone who suffers from certain area joint problems, we recommend wearing an elastic support for better stability and to prevent any further injury.
- Individual water bottle: We recommend drinking some water before and after the tour when canyoning and recommend that you carry your bottle of water with you during the cycling tour.
- Small backpack: To carry your personal belongings while cycling;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Accredited guides;
- All the Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots);
- Bicycles and cycling helmets;
- Photos / Videos;
- Pick-up and Drop-off.
- This activity is not recommended for persons with back and/or neck problems. Please let us know of any previous injuries, medical conditions or health problems when booking.
- Children are under the responsibility of an adult.
You should contact us if you:
- Plan to book an excursion for a group with more than 8 people;
- Are interested in trying different activities / places, besides the ones we already offer (we can provide other options);
- Can’t find the ideal booking option or date to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. In doing so, you will be helping in the preservation of the environment, while taking back home a useful and unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!