Canyoning & Bike Tour
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, first-timers or experienced travelers, families and friends;
- No need of swimming abilities, but a moderate physical condition is required;
- Possibility of hotel Pickup, and dropoff.
INCLUDED with pick up
Price Per Person
GROUPS (9 ELEMENTS OR MORE)
Please email us.
Children (6-12 Years Old)
4 h. + 3 h.
10 years old
Both activities will bring fun and well-being to the outdoors combining it with the beautiful landscapes of the island. Canyoning consist in going down the stream using different techniques like slides, rappels and small jumps. With the mountain biking you can enjoy beautiful landscapes and dirt roads that otherwise you probably would not imagine they exist. This is the perfect tour to experience the many beautiful untouched areas of the island.
We will combine both activities doing the canyoninig in the morning and the bike tour at the afternoon after a picnic lunch.
The canyoning excursions are suitable for beginners or for the “first times” and they are still challenging the more adventurous.
Regular excursions, combined with biking, are taking place in Parque da Ribeira dosCaldeirões in the north-east part of the island, between Achadinha and Achada in Nordeste. It takes around 45 minutes drive from Ponta Delgada. Normal physical condition required.
The highest vertical is around 14m and the highest jump around 7m. If you are uncomfortable about jumping then we will provide you with other options.
There will be some time for the equipment distribution with the help of our guides. Next we need to hike in order to approach the stream followed by a security briefing (in average it can be 20 to 35 minutes hike, depending from the place and the group) . After you can expect rappels, jumps , rock-slides and slides. We will finish the tour approaching again our cars followed by a picnic lunch.
The biking excursions are taking place in different areas depending mostly from the local conditions and weather:
Graminhais / Tronqueira – One of the most beautiful and untouched areas of the island. In Graminhais you will start the tour in the highest plateau of the island , quite close to Pico da Vara , the highest peak. Tronqueira has the largest primitive forest of the island, you will be surrounded by big mountains and deep valleys In both places you can have amazing views and at the same time enjoying the amazing forests and unique plants. Most of the tour will be descending and some places can be very steep.
Furnas – This is one of the most amazing places in the island. Furnas is inside one of the oldest and still active volcanic calderas of the island. You will enjoy Furnas with a different perspective biking around the lake, small roads, fumaroles and different springs. At the same time we will let you know about the history of the place. This is a bit more demanding tour since in some places you have to ascend, but you will be rewarded with this amazing place.
- The Pickup time usually between 08:00 and 08:30 AM. Consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande (for other areas, please contact us).
- If you don’t require Pickup, consider the meeting point at the parking lot of Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões around 09:20 AM (you’ll see a waterfall by the road).
- We will email you in case we need to settle a different time.
- Bath towel;
- Water bottle;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Sunglasses and sunscreen;
- Swimwear (already dressed);
- Comfortable clothes and shoes;
- Small backpack (to take your personal stuff).
- Photos / Videos;
- Acreddited guides;
- Snacks and Lunch;
- Bikes and biking helmets;
- Pickup and Drop-off (if respective option is booked);
- All the Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits and socks, helmet, canyoning boots).
You may contact us:
- If you’re trying to book an excursion for a group larger than 8 people;
- For more similar and related activities/places (we can provide a few different options);
- If you can’t find the right booking option or day to fit your plans (we can try to make it possible).
If you’re interested, you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottles or Tea/Coffee Cups for an extra 5€. This way you can support our local environment and, at the same time, take back home an unique souvenir that will remind you everyday of the great time you had in the Azores and with FUN Activities!