Canyoning & Bike Tour
Suitable for almost all ages, families and friends and no need of swimming abilities;
The best way to have fun in the Azorean Nature guided by accredited and well trained guides.
Both activities will bring fun and well-being to the outdoors combining it with the beautiful landscapes of the island. Canyoning consist in going down the stream using different techniques like slides, rappels and small jumps. With the mountain biking you can enjoy beautiful landscapes and dirt roads that otherwise you probably would not imagine they exist. This is the perfect tour to experience the many beautiful untouched areas of the island.
Families (3 Elements or more)
-10% Please Use The PROMO Code "FAM10" When Bookimg
Childrens 6-12 Years Old
We will combine both activities doing the canyoninig in the morning and the bike tour at the afternoon after a picnic lunch.
The canyoning excursions are suitable for beginners or for the “first times” and they are still challenging the more adventurous.
Regular excursions, combined with biking, are taking place in
Parque da Ribeira dosCaldeirões in the north-east part of the island, between Achadinha and Achada in Nordeste. It takes around 45 minutes drive from Ponta Delgada. Normal physical condition required.
The highest vertical is around 14m and the highest jump around 7m. If you are uncomfortable about jumping then we will provide you with other options.
There will be some time for the equipment distribution with the help of our guides. Next we need to hike in order to approach the stream followed by a security briefing (in average it can be 20 to 35 minutes hike, depending from the place and the group) . After you can expect rappels, jumps , rock-slides and slides. We will finish the tour approaching again our cars followed by a picnic lunch.
The biking excursions are taking place in different areas depending mostly from the local conditions and weather:
Graminhais / Tronqueira – One of the most beautiful and untouched areas of the island. In Graminhais you will start the tour in the highest plateau of the island , quite close to Pico da Vara , the highest peak. Tronqueira has the largest primitive forest of the island, you will be surrounded by big mountains and deep valleys In both places you can have amazing views and at the same time enjoying the amazing forests and unique plants. Most of the tour will be descending and some places can be very steep.
– Furnas – This is one of the most amazing places in the island. Furnas is inside one of the oldest and still active volcanic calderas of the island. You will enjoy Furnas with a different perspective biking around the lake, small roads, fumaroles and different springs. At the same time we will let you know about the history of the place. This is a bit more demanding tour since in some places you have to ascend, but you will be rewarded with this amazing place.
- The Pick up time will be between 8:15 and 8:30 We will email you in case we need to settle a different time. In some cases we may ask you to meet in a specific location
- If you booked the excursion with No Pick Up option please consider the meeting point at the location Parque da Ribeira dos Caldeirões around 9:20am. We will email you in case we need to settle a different time.
- Swimwear, if possible already dressed;
- Hair elastic (if applicable);
- Comfortable clothes;
- Your personal water bottle;
- Small backpack to take your personal stuff;
- Acreddited guides;
- All the material (fully equipped harness, wetsuits and socks, helmet, canyoning boots);
- Bicycles and Helmets;
- Photos / Videos;
- Snack or drinks;
- Pic-nic Lunch.
- Pick up and Drop off
- IF YOU ARE NOT FINDING THE RIGHT BOOKING OPTION OR DAY THAT CAN FIT IN YOUR PLANS PLEASE EMAIL US SO WE CAN TRY TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE;
- We chose the activity place depending from different conditions like safety, logistic, weather forecast and also our client wish. If you would like to do the activity in some particular place just email or phone us and we will let you know if it is possible or not;
- For larger groups than 8 persons please contact us
If you want you can also buy one of our Aluminium Water Bottle or Tea / Coffee Cup for 5€. You are supporting our local environment and you can use it during your activities and take it back home as a souvenir from Azores and from Fun Activities.