SUP Experience: Try Out Stand Up Paddle
Found in the Western part of the island of Sao Miguel is the quaint village of Sete Cidades, set in a volcanic crater at the shores of the famous Blue and Green Lake. This is where your first SUP Experience will be!
Stand Up Paddle is an activity that allows you to connect with yourself and challenge your limits and abilities.
Embrace the spirit of adventure, challenge your skills and escape your routine by paddling and enjoying what the island of São Miguel and its nature have to offer.
- Try your hand at something new in one of the most beautiful locations on the island.
- Venture out onto the calm waters of the twin lakes with your instructor.
- Suitable for most ages, families and friends.
- No previous experience is necessary and you don’t need to know how to swim, but you should feel comfortable in the water.
- Possibility of Transfer Service from/to your place of accommodation, if option is selected.
Mín. 2 PAX
8 yrs Minimum
This activity is available upon request, please contact us to make your reservation.
On this Stand-Up Paddle Try Out session you will learn how to use your board and at the same time explore the lake of Sete Cidades with your instructor. The calm waters of this lake make it the ideal location for your first experience on a SUP. The location of the activity depends essentially on the current weather conditions.
This activity begins with a brief introduction; with little theory and lots of action. All the equipment is distributed, and while still on land the whole SUP paddling process is explained in detail and practised.
We will break the ice and warm up with a fun game before paddling out onto the water where the real excitement begins!
Make the most of your time on the board and be willing to learn and get wet, so let go of your inhibitions and go with the flow and get ready for some fun in the water!
With the private SUP Experience the areas to explore are the same, with the detail that there is the possibility of booking this activity to share simply with your family, group of friends, colleagues or even a different experience with your better half.
You will find us on the left-hand side of the snack-bar Green Love, looking at the Blue Lake.
Sessions are available in the morning at 10:30 or in the afternoon at 14:30.
The location of the activity depends essentially on the current weather conditions. If necessary, we will contact you to arrange a different time or place.
If you require a Pick-up from your place of accommodation, please contact us.
Change of clothes;
Individual Water Bottle.
SUP Material (Board, paddle, Lycra shirt, life jacket);
Photos / Videos.
You should contact us if:
– You wish to book a tour for a group of more than 6 people.
– You can’t find the right option or date to fit in with your plans, we can try to make it possible.
– You are interested in trying different activities / locations other than those we already offer; we can provide other options.
– You have any medical or physical restrictions.